Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Happy CNY my cheebye.

sigh
actually CNY isn't that bad - we got to gamble quite a bit this year.
Took no pictures at all, because when you're busy playing blackjack with a fag hanging from your mouth, the last thing you wanna do is to whip out a camera and take photos like a swaku.

Shout outs first -

Heyi, thanks so much for coming down just to 'say hi'. Appreciate it. So sorry you lost money bro. Don't worry - you'll make it back.

Irwin, after all these years, you're still my man. I truly appreciate it bitch. We form quite the powerful team, no?

Violet and Chris, you two played me out. Your loss, chuckle

Jess, great to see you again girl. Nice playing mahjong with you once again. Say hi to your boyfriend for me. Oh and the next time you 'quit smoking', spare me the long lectures k? Was it my imagination or did you enter the gambling den holding THREE packets of viceroy menthol lights? rofl.

The reunion dinner wasn't anything special. Headed over to Toa Payoh, had steamboat before heading down to a KTV with my aunt, uncle, Keith and cousins. Basket - first day of CNY got hangover already.

The highlight of this year's CNY has to be the gambling den we opened at Arena country club. Keith and I booked a room before setting up several stations - the mahjong station and the poker station. What started out as a simple gathering for friends soon escalated into a serious gambling session. Keith's ah beng friends invited even more ah bengs down and before we knew it, we had like bookies and runners at the poker cards station. Seriously, they're like full time bookies and runners outside, so needless to say, the bets were rather big. Keith lost $170 in an hour so I decided to help him out. Irwin and I joined funds (scary leh, each hand had like $30, $40 bets can?) to play - 姜还是老的辣。The old beng (irwin) and the educated beng (yours truly) showed them how bun luck should be played.

But I guess the gambling den day really took a lot out of me. Probably due to the large amount of smoke in the air, I ended up with an eye infection and had to go see the doctor. My right eye was swollen shut, blood red and hurt like mad everytime i tried to open it. According to the doctor, the tear in my retina did not re open and it was nothing more than an irritating eye infection which should go away in a couple of days.

Happy new year my arse. I'm now looking like a pirate again and young kids cry once they see my red right eye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home