Friday, January 27, 2006

New digicam.

I love Standard Chartered Bank. Apparantly, to reward their staff, apart from their basic pay and commission plans, they also give out lovely Taka vouchers just to raise branch morale. (How come we didn't have that in the army? "Sir, I just cleaned the toilet swee swee because you asked me to." "Good boy, here's $100 in Taka vouchers to keep you NS boys happy.")

Anyway to cut the long story short, Jan managed to get like a shitload of Taka vouchers from Standard Chartered so we decided to treat ourselves to something nice. Hence, we made our way down to the Best Denki over at Taka to check out the digital cameras. (We were sick of having to borrow cameras whenever we went overseas or felt like being a cam whore wanted to take artistic shots of the beautiful skyline.)

Anyway, we were originally eyeing the very nice Canon A95 because the screen could be twisted and turned in such a way that you get to check yourself out and make sure your cam whore shots come out nice see very clearly that beautiful skyline you intended to take.



However, the nice man at Best Denki persuaded us to go for the Panasonic Lumix FX9 instead. At about the same price, we now had a sleek machine with 6 freaking megapixels and Mega OIS (so I can take photos while wanking shaking my bag of Shaker Fries from Macs and the photo won't be blurry). Great choice - we now love the cam to bits. And guess how much it cost us in actual cash? $9. (Jan wanted to use the remaining vouchers on her shoes. *roll eyes*) Having used this camera for a couple of days by now, I highly recommend it.

Here's a photo sample -


Took a picture of the movie poster at City Square's cinema (JB). I so wanted to catch that movie, but Jan was freakish about it, so we ended up catching Memoirs. Pussy. Heyi, I know this movie will intrigue you - wanna drive me in to watch it? Its called 'Art of the Devil II' by the way. We can makan there and you can get cheap petrol. rofl. I don't think they're gonna bring this movie in to Singapore. Apparantly, its totally disgusting. Check it out. (The thai name of this Long Khong. Check out the trailer with English subtitles here.)

Don't say I didn't warn you - the trailer is fucking gory. I was cringing like mad. If you can't take this kind of horror, don't bother clicking. Don't come and sue me later and ask me to pay for your therapy - I'm fucking broke.

I love you, Standard Chartered.

PS Chris - I don't bump into you in Singapore but I can bump into you at City Square. Can buy 4D already.

PPS In case you can't see the words on the poster, its 'Thai black magic: If you start it, it will stay with you till the day you die.' Chilling.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol! I think you should say that you love me instead.. Hmm I could have bought a shitload of shoes for that amount of vouchers. Haha.. apparently citi gives frank muller watches instead.. woohoo!

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home