Sunday, November 13, 2005

Enough is enough

Woah. Submitted my FINAL essay of the semester on Thurs (and not a moment too soon, seeing as how my exams start the week after next) - decided to celebrate a little by relaxing a little.

Spent thurs night at Heyi's birthday party at Party World over at the Hello! Singtel building. It was insane, I tell you. That's what happens when you don't drink for 3 years and 8 months, only to start drinking like a fish, simply because your friends FORCE you to. (Not me. I last drank 3 days, 8 hours ago. Was referring to Heyi.) He drank and drank, taking his 'tekan session' like a man. RESPECT! So what if he ended up puking at the carpark opposite Hello! Singtel, out of his car window and at Mr. Bean over at Selegie? You still have my respect bro - cause you took it on the chin like a man. Met 3 new friends of Heyi's that night as well, which was fantastic because I didn't know that there were so many educated bengs over in NUS. How beng were they? Lets put it this way - one of them owns a garage for zhnging cars and another is a part time debt collector (he has loads of lobangs for pig heads, in case anyone needs.) Birds of a feather really do flock together. *grin* But this party was memorable, not only because I got to see Heyi drunk for the first time in the 8 years that I've known him, but for 3 other reasons -
1) I got to meet other educated bengs from NUS and I got along well with them, ah hong in particular. I rike!
2) This is the first time EVER that I found myself being the OLDEST one at a party. Granted, I'm just months older than both Heyi and Ling - but STILL??!!
3) I got to drive Heyi's Toyota - the one which he doesn't allow ANYONE to touch. *chuckle* That's what happens when you drink too much and can't drive yourself home - your friend gets to play around with your car.

Friday night was spent with the NUFCSG lads cause it was Keegan's birthday. Started the evening at Marina South where we all had the steamboat buffet before taking a short walk down to Breeze Bar. It wasn't till later that the madness REALLY started. Apparantly, there were bikini dancers over at Dennis' work place and to celebrate his birthday, they got the very drunk Keegan to strip off his top before enjoying a lap dance from the bikini girls. I'm not even gonna mention the third round of celebrations where Keegan and some lads headed over to Geylang to... aiyah you know lah. Apparantly after the deed, he couldn't even remember if he managed to do anything - he was THAT drunk. I say apparantly because I DIDN'T GO. *rolls on floor laughing* Told you guys I was guai, didn't I? Videos to follow soon once they upload it. (HELL YES! VIDEOS!! *guffaw*)

Something seems to be wrong with me these days. I used to club. A lot. Most of my working life thus far has also been spent working at clubs (Zouk, Venom, Amoeba, Tajie and Sole Luna - been there, done that.) But after spending two contrastingly different nights out with two sets of friends (Thurs with the slightly more cheena crowd at a KTV and Fri with a more ang moh pai crowd at a club), I feel... ... bored? I mean, the company was great and I had fun - but looking back now, it feels kinda funny deep down inside. Its almost as if everyone has a certain amount of clubbing related fun allocated to them, a quota if you like - and I've exceeded mine. After working at so many clubs, you do get kinda sick of the incessant clubbing, the drunken nights spent to hone your drinking capabilities, the vomitting, the sweaty restless sleep... ... I've been there and I've done it - and I'm not interested in heading back. I still wanna open my own pub/club someday, but I don't wanna club myself. Am I making sense??

I feel old.
cheebye